WILL MY FISH DIE!!!!!???!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eastennessee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank is a 38 gallon freshwater tank. I have 2 long fin black skirt tetras, 1 neon tetra, 1 fancy tale guppy, 2 skunk corys, 4 zebra danios, and 5 otto cats. My tank is on a wooden stand and the tank is leaning to make it leveled I am wanting to move it. I dont know how to move it without having to drain all the water in to a bucket along with the fish! The problem is that i dont want my fish to get stresses and die! is there any other way to do this or is this way ok? pleace help me!!!! - jay :?

Relax east; you can do it :)

You will need to drain the tank tho; best thing to do is go buy a plastic garbage can or container (make sure its not treated to be anti mold). Siphon most of the water into it, then move the fish in. It'll probably be easier to catch em if you pull the decor out first. The tank will be way too heavy to move otherwise, and moving it full means a chance of the tank cracking or weakening the seals.

If you think its going to take more then an hour or so, put the filter, heater and aerator in there as well.

The fish won't be horribly stressed if you do it this way. They won't be happy about it, but it should be fine.

thank u soooo much! that really helps!and i have a question 4 u! i have a betta and it has white spots on him. not like ick but its like smeered! and hes also alot less active and i find him practicaly laying on the gravel! pleace help!!! and if u dont know can u suggjest somone who might? thanx! :)

don't know about your betta's, but i've moved my tank before. i drained about 4/5 of the water out and put the water into 5 gallon buckets which i saved. i moved the tank and then put the same water back in. it only took about 15 minutes total and the fish were fine. it's not that hard, but you'll definitely need at least one or two people to help you out and speed up the process

Back
Top Bottom