Will this work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if I could split my 10 gallon into 2 planted betta tanks and one scarlet badis tank
I'd make sure there were lots of plants to break the line of sight
Each section would be 2.5 gals for the bettas and 5 for the badis
In each betta tank I'd have one betta and one oto
In the badis tank I'd have one scarlet badis,5 dwarf cories, and 5 CPDs

IMO ottos shouldn't be in 5 gallon tanks, and bettas need 5g tanks each. I would just divide it in half. The dwarf cories really should be in a 10 gallon.

I guess it would work if you properly installed the dividers. I would paint each black, so the bettas dont become stressed looking at eachother.

Also, skip the single otto in each 2.5. Im also not sure if dwarf cories are good in 5 gallons.

emerald76 said:
It would be the dividers that allow flow

It's the size that limits it here. Especially because it will be a fairly tall and narrow 2.5, the bettas would be a lot happier in a 5.

maxwellag said:
It's the size that limits it here. Especially because it will be a fairly tall and narrow 2.5, the bettas would be a lot happier in a 5.

+1. im not against 2.5 gallons..as long as it is the right shape. These would be tall, but very skinny.

Alright thanks for helping but I'll just keep it the same size without dividing it i think

Back
Top Bottom