yet another stocking question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flushingfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
My daughter's betta has gone to the great beyond as of last night and I am now looking for different suggestions to stock the 5G lightly planted hex he was in. I will be going to the LFS tomorrow and want to stock it fast so the biological filter doesn't die off.
I was thinking a small school of neons or white clouds? Maybe zebra danios although I don't know much about them.
Any suggestions appreciated.

i don't think it's fair to put schooling fish in a 5G. imo, you'd be better to stick with the betta, or get some snails or shrimp.

Really in a tank like that it is going to be hard to find something else as interesting as a Beta. IMO

Goodluck!

maxwell1295 said:
I nice planted tank with some small tetras, white clouds, or a few cherry barbs would work.

Yep, I agree. 4 neons, or 4 white cloud mountain minnows would do just fine. Another option is to go with a trio of otos: they tend to be active all over and if your tank is planted you'll find them resting on the leaves, very cute! :)

I have two males and four female guppies in a five gallon tank along with two mystery snails. No fry yet but they will be put in the dwarf puffer tank when they are born :)

Nik

is it a brackish tank? I know they'd be fishfood, but it'd be pretty tortureous to throw them in a brackish tank for their few remining hours. :-(

Back
Top Bottom