Apple snail eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cyris69

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok what do I do :)

Do I mist them or leave them alone? I have three clutches of them.

ForumRunner_20120821_125650.jpg

ForumRunner_20120821_125819.jpg

These are in my community tank, should I remove them to a deli cup as I have one assassin in that tank.

Leave them be. They will hatch in about 2 weeks and fall into the tank. Just make sure they stay above the water line and should be fine. Also after they hatch you should put in a cuddle bone to increase the calcium on the tank so the shells become hard.

Sounds good, if most hatch will I be way over my head with them? I have a dedicated assassin snail tank so will I need to make another snail tank?

They should be fine they're tiny at first you'll have about 100 of them. Just make sure you throw in the cucumber and algae tablets in there for them. I have marble crays in with mine so most of them have become dinner. They'll be ok.

Can gold snails mate with the blues? That would be pretty cool to get a variant. I'm going to attempt to setup a 75 gal snail only tank this week :)

Ok, um, there are two more clutches today. Can I remove some of them to another tank or provide just a moist cup or something? I'd prefer not to have several hundred to a thousand baby snails in my main tank. I don't want to get rid of them just not in that tank.

Well I moved most of the clutches to a container with an inch of tank water and placed the eggs on a piece of styrofoam. Then the container is on top of a light strip for heat :)

Back
Top Bottom