bettas plus rcs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're not making sense. Why ask if they could live peacefully then ask if you can feed them to your betta?

I'm pretty sure you can find a cheaper live food for your betta.

Start a tank with rcs. When they start breeding give them time to have 2-3 batches of babies. Then add your betta. Some will eat full grown shrimp. Some will only eat shrinplets.

I have a Betta with some rcs in a heavily planted tank

I keep shrimp with my Bettas too... It all depends on the Betta's temperment... One I can't keep any in his tank but the rest don't bother them at all

When i was told they can't live peacefully, i wondered if instead i could use some shrimp as food for another betta i already have

Rcs are easier to breed and dont require salt that can make them harder to feed.

Actually brine shrimp are easier. You cam literally buy them off a shelf lol. I remember having the Sea Monkey Kit and those are brine shrimp. Super easy.

Actually brine shrimp are easier. You cam literally buy them off a shelf lol. I remember having the Sea Monkey Kit and those are brine shrimp. Super easy.

Yes but not as sustainable and such. Plus feeding freshwater fish something that lives in brackish or salt is difficult and if not done correctly harmful. Jmho

So would feeding cherry shrimp to a full grown betta be alright?

From the shrimps stand point, no! They kill them by nipping at them and biting their legs off until their immobile and then eat them alive. I don't see the point... That is an expensive and slightly unethical meal when there are other less expensive and, well, dead, options.

Yes but not as sustainable and such. Plus feeding freshwater fish something that lives in brackish or salt is difficult and if not done correctly harmful. Jmho

You have clearly never dealt with anything brine shrimp related. I don't know how hundreds of thousands of eggs in a jar waiting to be hatched or just straight fed as eggs is unsustainable... Ha.

Brine shrimp are okay, but I like to rinse mine before I feed them to my fish, plus separating them from the eggs is a pain.

I would suggest hikari frozen brine shrimp or the baby rcs.

I foolishly put 2 Rcs in my girlfriends betta tank. He are them and she is struggling to forgive me still lol. The only food her betta seems to eat is freeze dried blood worm. And shrimp :(

Back
Top Bottom