Blue lobster in community tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My pet store has a blue lobster about 3-5 inches. Maybe a blue knight? Not sure what kind. But I thought he would be cool for my 75 gallon freshwater community tank. Will he be okay with my fish? I have a variety of tetras, angels, cories... Also, will he be okay with other shrimp such as red cherries? Thanks!

Oh and I also read they can get a foot long?? Is that to big for a 75??? The recommened tank size was 50? ... Also my tank is planted, he won't rip up the plants will he?

Im not sure on that specific type, but i do know however alot of lobsters do get fairly large, chop/ redecorate using your PLANTS, they also need hiding spots when they molt and also will eat/ attack/ pinch any fish that sleep or lay on the bottom at night! Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the reply! Anyone else have an opinion or experience ?

I have 2 blue. They are in a 6 foot mbuna tank. They claimed caves and the fish pretty much leave them alone.. But im sure they prob munch on the fry...

I have 2 blue. They are in a 6 foot mbuna tank. They claimed caves and the fish pretty much leave them alone.. But im sure they prob munch on the fry...

How big are the blue?

Here is a pix.

Very pretty!!! I would love one but I don't think it will work. I have cories and they swim around at the bottom. I don't want my lobster trying to eat them all the time

Yes i beleive the corys would be quite literally lobster food, BEAUTIFUL LOBSTER wow! what colours! truely beautiful

Thx... They are fun to watch... I think they would harass the corrys too.... Anything they can catch... I have floating plastic plants and tons of caves and sight breaks... I had them in their own tank but with a mishap they either went in my 140g with angels and rainbows and tropicals and live plants so that wouldn't work...

I have one in a 20 gallon long with a small rainbow shark and 6 zebra danios. The danios learned within a half an hour to keep there distance. The rainbow shark is another story. They stay close together a lot, even share the same cave even though there are lots of hiding places. I've had no troubles in 3 months keeping one in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom