How many mts should i start with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sobersteve323

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking to introduce some mts to my low tech 50 gallon. I understand their numbers are self regulating so how many would be a good number to start off with?

I'd start with -5. LOL I don't have MTS but ramshorn snails and I started with 1 in my 29G and now have about 100... From what I've read they reproduce about the same.

Looking to introduce some mts to my low tech 50 gallon. I understand their numbers are self regulating so how many would be a good number to start off with?

Any number will get you started unless something eats them. My assassin snails eat them at a rate of 1 every day or everyother day.

I agree, I started with 10 small babies in my 55 gallon so you dont need much. unless you want to be able to see them often right away.

10, they will reproduce as long as food is abundant, even out to the length of your tank then as long as your not over feeding they won't reproduce any farther. I love these guys and have always had em!!!

10, they will reproduce as long as food is abundant, even out to the length of your tank then as long as your not over feeding they won't reproduce any farther. I love these guys and have always had em!!!

What do you mean by even out to the length of the tank then not reproduce any further?

Back
Top Bottom