How to teach a Assassin Snail to eat Pond Snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sf1

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Assassin Snail doesn't eat the pond snail.

I put 3 pond snails in the 750 ml bottle with the Assassin and no reaction...

There is any way to teach Assassin to eat pond snails?

Thanks

My Assassin Snail doesn't eat the pond snail.

I put 3 pond snails in the 750 ml bottle with the Assassin and no reaction...

There is any way to teach Assassin to eat pond snails?

Thanks

You could try starving him a week or so.

GodFan assassin snail can eat a safed leaves from the plant? If so, it will be difficult to starving it in the planted tank :(

GodFan assassin snail can eat a safed leaves from the plant? If so, it will be difficult to starving it in the planted tank :(

If you starve it of live and meaty food for some time it should jump at the first chance for live food. Probably....

They dont constantly eat snails. At most they will eat about 1 snail a day. It might not seem like it when they are in the tank but they are indeed eating your snails.

? Pond snails, Malaysian Trumpet snails, and ramshorn snails are 3 very different types of snails. I do find that assassins favor the pond snails over both the ramshorn and malaysian trumpet though.
No I didn't mean literally. I meant as in the assassins will eat either one just as much as the other. Lol sorry bout that misunderstanding. I meant to write "like" at the end of that sentence. Anyways yeah. Pond snails are the same or better than mts and ramshorns to assassins. The assassins don't seem to do a dent at first, but once they settle in you'll start to notice that they'll begin to slowly lower the population.

Back
Top Bottom