Caleb getting salty!?! No way..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I could mod it to where the chains were not so long I would like it

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

So the powerhead and heater are with me. Reef salt, light, refractometer, and SW test kit on the way. Still need to look at sand.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Soon, you will be spending alot more money...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Rock and sand is where you'll spend a bit - if you use live Rock that is ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh yeah forgot I still need the rock....

WHICH brings me to my next few questions...

I was going to ask but I read up on it. The difference between pre cultured and live rock.

What I read said from my understanding that you "cure" the rock outside your aquarium for 1-3 weeks then you can add it.

Or can I just "cure" the rock with the tank cycling anyway?

Another thing... I see lots of threads of hitchhikers on here... Is there any I should really be aware of when getting my rock? If I find one how do I get rid of it?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Been looking at corals I can hopefully do..

Interests:

LPS-
Candy cane
A hammer
Favites brain
Acan

Softies:
Devils hand
Toadstool
Kenya tree
Button

Shrooms-?
Heard they are invasive yay or nay?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Been looking at corals I can hopefully do..

Interests:

LPS-
Candy cane
A hammer
Favites brain
Acan

Softies:
Devils hand
Toadstool
Kenya tree
Button

Shrooms-?
Heard they are invasive yay or nay?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

THATS why..:D:D:D

You will start to spend more, welcome to saltwater.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can put whatever rock you get right in the tank so you can cycle it. No problems there.

Thanks Hank for the clarification.

Any suggestions for the hitchhikers?

I'm sure some of you have kept a couple of those corals at some point.. How well did they do? Problems? Positioning in the tank?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Just an update. I put an add on Craigslist and have multiple offers to take the fish in my tank the goldfish will be going into. So that means I can have my tank back soon!

Will start receiving my supplies from Amazon in a few days. I've never been so excited to get started!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

So are you still doing the 10g salt or?

Yes. The goldfish going in the big tank is housed in my future salt tank. Once I get my fish from the big tank sold/given away we are moving the goldfish and I can get started with the build.

Any suggestions on sand?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Don't worry about hitchhikers. Unless you get one, why worry about it?
As for corals, softies...I dislike them. I was excited about it when I first got into the hobby but that didn't last long. Wasn't my thing. I sit here now with green hairy mushrooms taking off like weeds and wondering how I'm going to manage that...literally fighting off my long tentacle anemone without problem.
When it comes to the LPS they are good choices. I really enjoy my trumpets and brain corals, be it favite or favia.

What fish are you selling Caleb? You're reasonable driving distance if it's something my wife or I would be interested in

Don't worry about hitchhikers. Unless you get one, why worry about it?
As for corals, softies...I dislike them. I was excited about it when I first got into the hobby but that didn't last long. Wasn't my thing. I sit here now with green hairy mushrooms taking off like weeds and wondering how I'm going to manage that...literally fighting off my long tentacle anemone without problem.
When it comes to the LPS they are good choices. I really enjoy my trumpets and brain corals, be it favite or favia.

So softies are like shrooms and grow like weeds? What to do with the extra...

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

What fish are you selling Caleb? You're reasonable driving distance if it's something my wife or I would be interested in

It's my 45g community.

I have a guy coming soon to pick the ones he wants.

The whole tank has:
1 Angelicus Botia
10 neon tetras
5 white skirt tetras
6 guppies
1 peacock Gudgeon
1 wild blue ram
5 emerald cories
4 panda cories

NFS:
Baby dojo
5 mystery snails

I run double filtration and tank stays spotless.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Probably should have asked this sooner but is there certain corals what don't work with inverts? I'm really thinking big on inverts for this tank and a single fish because of size.

I know it's simple but I love the cleaner shrimp. Just always been one of the prettiest to me.

Also like emerald crabs and sexy shrimp.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom