Carey's Final Reef Upgrade- 180g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First let me say it's been a while and I've missed this site! Had an enforced vaca with a new baby lol. Carey as always your inspirational to the rest of us newbies and this thread has out that fish itch in me! Back on to business what have you decided to get?

My reef club is meeting at my favorite fish store saturday so I will peruse the wares then and see what they have lol.
BUT on a sadder note, my husbands grandpa is dying and is expected to go any day now but if he does I wont make it to the meeting saturday as we will have to drive up to Philadelphia from Florida. :-( I don;t want to add a new fish before that as we wont be home most likely and I like to test the water every day after a new addition.

LOL, I wish! I'm guessing its way too cold to transport anything though isnt it? The drive is about 20 hours.....

Na. Boxes and boxes of corals are shipped overnight in this weather. Just bring a cooler or styro box, like the one I sent you...or bigger if you see a fish. I'll hook you up with a few heat packs if you get something.

Mr X if you two meet up you should take her to asr in Frazier. Mike the owner is an awesome guy and really knows his stuff.

I was just there the other day. I used to frequent that store when I lived in Paoli, and it was called Frazer Zoo. He's the one who told me about those Chinese LED panels in the first place.

lol, whats funny is that I dont go anywhere without at least one styro carton in the car.
I think we would be like right next to you X, we go to Trevose, which is between philly and trenton. Have to see if i can swing an extra day up there for some shopping. I have no doubt that you would bring me to the best stores on the east coast. LOL

Really sorry about the Tang, Carey.

I am sure Mr. X would have a fun packed day in store (get the pun?).

My husbands grandpa died yesterday morning so we are heading up to Philly on Tuesday and leaving on Sunday, I am thinking of doing some coral shopping maybe on Saturday. With the day waiting to leave AND the 20 hours or so it takes to drive I dont think fish would be a good choice. BUT I would just love to get some corals from up North if anything to just compare them with what I usually get down here.

Mr.X, do you happen to have any of that singularia left? The ones I had didn't make it a day even, they had started to melt in transit and there wasnt much left for me to even try to save. :-(

Couple more hours and I will be back at the fish store! Can't wait. LOL I plan on getting more corals and maybe some fish, but I will have the store hold the fish for me until we get back from Philly.

The reef meeting is at the fish store and its about building sumps, so might give me enough confidence to build one for the 60g. We'll see.....

Thanks for the nice thoughts guys, grandpa was 92 years old and had 9 children so he had a really full and happy life. He died in the home he built with his own hands, peacefully just like he wanted to. :) Thats all good stuff as far as I am concerned.

Doug, we are planning on leaving Philly area Sunday sometime. So Saturday may be the day to swing by you. I will send you a pm during the week with my number etc and you can send me your info and we can hook up. Meeting up gives me something to look forward to, as you must know I love my corals and stuff and happy stuff is gonna be needed after a few days of sad stuff. :)

Looking forward to it!

Actually,...I think we are all looking forward to you guys hooking up and exchanging some stories ( bs ) lol .... Remember to take some pictures to share with all your buddies here !

Back
Top Bottom