Carey's Final Reef Upgrade- 180g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I avoid them also i figure with a tank full of filter feeders im starving them
Carey you can split the two lines with a T thereby making 4 drains.

If you use a T in a drain, be sure the outlet hose is at least twice as big as the two inlet hoses are. Otherwise there will be a big restriction. There will be a small one anyway as a T won't drain water quite as fast as two separate drains/hoses can.

Thanks guys, glad that the pump I have will do the trick. i will be asking questions when the time comes for plumbing lol.

Since we are on flow, I was thinking of trying some powerheads other than the koralia's I use so much. I 99.99% am sure I will not be using vortechs but have been looking at the tunze's and sicce powerheads. Anyone have any experience with these? Dor the sicce i was looking at this set

Sicce Wave Surfer Controller with Voyager HP 3600 & Voyager HP 4000 Pumps - Bulk Reef Supply

It has a 3600gph and 4000gph powerheads. When I look at the tunze's I'm not sure which ones I would want, they are kinda expensive.

What do ya think guys?

Yeah, I always tend to go back to the koralia's LOL. If I go with the koralia's I already have 2 1400's so I figured 2 more, maybe 1400's or one notch down which I think is the 1050.

the sicce have the controller with them too and my reefkeeper doesnt work with koralias, only tunze and ecotechs. :-( It works, as far as on/off but it wont create waves or do anything nifty, which I know isn't necessary but would be nice to have.

I;ve also heard good things about jeabo ones too but can't seem to find them at any online retailer......

It's kind of in the category of dimming LEDs, they are great to have, but not necessary if you set things up right. I like to spend money on more water so I can raise more coral. I will regretfully pass on power heads that can do cool things and dimmable LEDs. Although the only real reason I don't have dimmables is I would have to change out everything I have to get them.

Yeah, I always tend to go back to the koralia's LOL. If I go with the koralia's I already have 2 1400's so I figured 2 more, maybe 1400's or one notch down which I think is the 1050.

the sicce have the controller with them too and my reefkeeper doesnt work with koralias, only tunze and ecotechs. :-( It works, as far as on/off but it wont create waves or do anything nifty, which I know isn't necessary but would be nice to have.

I;ve also heard good things about jeabo ones too but can't seem to find them at any online retailer......

If I remember correct you can hook the jeabo up to the reefkeeper will take a look but I think it can be done. That a look on ebay they have for sale on there.

Thanks greg for that link. i will start looking at the magnums and see if the price is right. :)

The new fish are all still doing ok, other than the anthias is still not eating. It's been like 2 days and nothing yet, starting to get worried. :-(

Wish i could Kio, but the $400+ price tag for each is just too much for my budget. I dont; suspect we will have much money after the wedding as we will be paying for the wedding with the gift money. lol

I would like to keep powerheads at $400 or less for all of them plus any controller I would need. The koralia's regular pumps and the jebao fit in that budget so far. Gonna see what the magnums go for shortly.

Wish i could Kio, but the $400+ price tag for each is just too much for my budget. I dont; suspect we will have much money after the wedding as we will be paying for the wedding with the gift money. lol

I would like to keep powerheads at $400 or less for all of them plus any controller I would need. The koralia's regular pumps and the jebao fit in that budget so far. Gonna see what the magnums go for shortly.

Not mp40's. WP40's. ones by jebao. I sell them for around 65. You'll only need one. I have 1 in my 180g.

Last edited:
+1 on the jaebo. As a matter of fact im ordering one through Kio. So in about a month ill be able to tell you how it is. Look up the wp40 on youtube, the waves it makes are insane

hey Kio, can you get two for me? Or direct me to where i can get them? Are you really sure i would only need one? I have heard really good things about them and they arent that expensive really. :)

let me know

hey Kio, can you get two for me? Or direct me to where i can get them? Are you really sure i would only need one? I have heard really good things about them and they arent that expensive really. :)

let me know

Look at my video. I only have one in my 180g reef. I can make the wave splash out the tank!

Just got home after being away for a week and all is well in all the tanks. The anthias is not eating but didn't die so I have no idea what he is eating. Just hope he will eventually eat some frozen.

I think I am gonna go with the wp's, nothing too fancy but they should do the job just fine. I figure on 2 of them, even though I'm getting the vibe that may be too much I'd rather have too much flow than not enough. lol I can always work with the flow and make it so sand doesnt get everywhere. :)

Back
Top Bottom