Coraline question....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Who has used the following and which one is the best in your opinion for coraline growth? I have used the Liquid Reactor and have gotten good results.

Liquid Reactor - Kent
Aragamilk - ???
Coral Vite - Kent

I use a bunch of kent stuff on my tank and it works well

I use
coral vite
coral accel
phytoplex
and microvert.......

Oops you said coraline not coral.... sorry, I really can't tell you which one works best for coreline since there isn't really anywhere in my tank for it to grow really, I would assume that coralvite would do it though, if that liquid reator is by kent that would probably work really good too. kent makes good stuff

I find in my smaller tanks <75 gal keeping up with the ca and alk with B-Ionic causes all the coraline to grow rapidly all over everything

So B-Ionic helps? How long have you been using it and what lighting do you have? Tank size? How old?

I just bought B-Ionic yesterday my former neightbor suggested it I will let you know how it goes I've only done two doses so far.

yeah if you would. I just am trying to jump start my coraline...right now the liquid reactor I am using has really helped but seems to have leveled off...

Also just thogh I would share I thought I lost a feather duster about 4 days ago and I just checked my tank and its finally out again. Just goes to show you it aint over till the fat lady sings...

Alright 4 days into the B-Ionic treatment and I have notice quiet an improvement already with coralline growth the rocks are starting to get speckled with green red and purple coralline and it seems as if they will be fully covered in a month or so a rock I had in there that was 80% white is now only 60% so the coralline growth is really improved!

Serious
Please let me know how this B-Ionic does. I went and bought some of it to this week and will finish the Liquid Reactor that I have first then start using it. With the liquid reactor my calcium stayed the same at 385 but my AK went from 3 to 10-11 DKH range...so now I need to hopefully get my CA up a bit more. I dont think my MG is holding which doesnt let the CA go up....we will see.

Yes like I said I already noticed substantil coralline growth I havn't check my Calcium Level though I will do that tonight or tommrow. It is a two bottle set in case you didn't know one is calcium the other is alkalinity. I am sorry but I dont have the test for alk.

Yes like I said I bought the same thing you did and its a 2 bottle setup. I hope this works even better than the Liquid reactor I have been using for the past 2 weeks. I have a test for CA and AK....BUT I take mine and have it tested to save myself money!!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom