CUC 29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fird

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a biocube 29g and I'm ready to add my cuc. Does anybody have any suggestions? What kind of inverts and how much of each should I get to keep my tank clean?

How come all those sites always recommend what I feel is way to much?

Because they sell them. I also have a biocube 29. I have 4 mini hermits and 4 snails of various kinds. Thats all. But their food comes and goes so this seems to be the right amount for me. You may need more or less.

How come all those sites always recommend what I feel is way to much?

their just basically trying to to make money some of them but you can customize your own cuc if you feel like the recommended one is too much

Bige said:
Because they sell them. I also have a biocube 29. I have 4 mini hermits and 4 snails of various kinds. Thats all. But their food comes and goes so this seems to be the right amount for me. You may need more or less.

How much action takes place in your tank? Post a pic

I was thinking 2 shrimp, 2 hermits and a handful of snails. That seems about right for my tank.

For snails get something that eats algae astrea snail and then something for detritus like a nassarius.

15 Dwarf Cerith
5 Florida Cerith
8 Nassarius Vibex
3 Nerite Snails (Small - Medium)
3 Nerite Snails (Large)

That's what i ordered, down from what they recommended. Here's my Tank with all them in it..

Action meaning your bioload and growth of algae your tank produces in order to feed all the inverts

O gotcha. I have 2 clowns and a shrimp. Small load. But I ususally add cuc as needed. I also have a 20g sump/fuge that helps too.

Back
Top Bottom