First 150 galon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tfain

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm starting my first build thread. It's a 150 gallon. I plan on doing a predator tank instead of my first idea with a banded cat shark. I plan on getting a Niger trigger, a black belly trigger, a panther grouper, a bicolor parrot, a volitan lion, a yellow tang and a blue tang. I got this 150 gallon for a nitro rc car and a truck tool box. So I'm really only in 300 seeing that I didnt pay anything for the truck tool box. It came with the tank, stand, and what looks like a 30 gallon sump tank. Could be a little more idk. Now I just need a return pump and the salt. I already have the sand. I also need live rock. Anyone know where I can get live rock cheap? Cause I'm gonna need alot. I also have a emperor 400 bio wheel hangover filter.

Here's it set up in my room
img_1635642_0_6e74b0cc299e070dcca5c52d48749b43.jpg

Not gonna do the bicolor parrot anymore. I don't think I can provide for his food needs

Very cool! I do not have a sw tank yet... but I enjoy following these build threads. best of luck and have fun!

Maybe it's not. That's what the guy I got it from told me. It's 6'x19"x21"

Just an FYI - these fish might be reconsidered...

Per Liveaquaria.com

Panther Grouper (Cromileptes altivelis) - Minimum tank (300) gallons
Niger Triggerfish (Odonus niger) - Minimum tank (180) gallons

Good luck with your build!

I just read that the panther needs a minimum of 100 and the Niger trigger needs a minimum of 75

Not sure. I got 2 5 gallon buckets full. It's not live though so I'm probably going to buy a bag or 2 of live sand

U could ask ur lfs for some live sand to seed the sand u have now. " just a idea"

Back
Top Bottom