Green "Really Hard" Spot Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MKFMedic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Sorry no picture, but I have a 30 gal rimless tank with good parameters:

pH 8.2
Amonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrates less than 5

My stocking is three Chromi's, 1 true percula and a firefish. Several pieces of healthy and happy coral.

Growing on the front curved corners of my tank there is a "Spot" green algae which is particularly hard to remove. It can be done with a blade scrapper, but not the standard tank magnet cleaner. It definitely forms in little spots. Anyone have any ideas on what it might be? I have heard that it could be similar to a coraline algae, but as it is the front corners, I want to remove it. I do have some spots of coraline (Pink/Purple) beginning to grow on the back and do have the typical brown algae that comes and goes within the tank.
Just curious,

Mike

Thanks for your thought. It is a bugger to remove and because it is in such a tight curve, I have found the best way for me to remove it is with the tip of a finger nail.

A plastic spoon works well as a scraper. I filed my fingernail way down once without noticing... never again.

Thanks for the spoon tip. I was trying to use my fingernail and some of the more stubborn stuff just wouldn't budge, so I used a metal scrapper which worked better. The spoon will definitely fit into he curved portion of the corner much, much better.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom