Kio 3.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on corals from the 1st pics.... This under nothing but LEDs. Not dosing anything.

Last edited:
Looking good, looks like you got a barnacle or something similar on one of the old dead heads of your torch. I got a few on my torch and they are pretty cool.

crister13 said:
I actually have a barnacle that's alive on my torch too!!!

I have a small cluster of about 8 barnacles on a rock. I'll notice them come out with these fan type things like feather dusters and filter feed I'm guessing. Are these bad in anyway?

Oddly enough I was researching last night, barnacles are hit and miss in coral. Some don't have issues but others due and it can cause death in the polyp it lives in. I suspect this is what happened with yours kio. I removed mine by gently grabbing it with needle nose pliers and gently breaking it off. The tissue will eventually grow over the void left by the barnacle. As far as them on rock they would be neat but I personally would choose to remove them. In the oceans they are a nuisance and if left unchecked can multiply rapidly hence ships having to have them routinely removed.

Yeah I started with about 2 now I'm at around 8. I have noticed crabs and snails eating some of them also.

Saved this guy from overflow... And one anthias...

Last edited:
3 of 4 anthias grouping. I get to close they scatter... Sorry for the poor pic

Last edited:
Any one want a purple tang??? Dude is worse then my yellow tang!

New additions.... Orange sps, purple gonaporia, and lawn mower blenny. Working on the cyano... Just got home, so everything is closed up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom