LR comes tommorrow!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
XXFirefighter said:
Good luck, I did mine with a high SG and cooler water. I got out 5 mantis, you do not want these in the tank, they will I repeat WILL kill your fish ! I am down now, 1 fire goby, 2 Chromis, and 2 peppermint Shrimp ! I missed one and got 5 with the dips ! I used a 5 gallon bucket and caught the starfish that tried to bail and put them in the good water I had set up. As for the other crabs, they were eating the color off my rock so after 2 weeks I had to do a redip to get them, I got 30 of them in total. No more cool small crabs... worth it though, my rock looks GREAT now !
Man...your rock was LOADED. :) I didn't get diddly with mine except a few bristle worms.
Probably a good thing though.

Hey guys....checked my water param. 24hrs after live rock addition.

11:00pm
Temp. 79F
SG 1.027
pH 7.9
Amm. 0.35ppm
ites 1.8ppm
ates 12ppm

4 days BEFORE LR
9:45pm
Temp. 76F
SG 1.026
pH 8.0
Amm. Off my scale so 0.8+
ites 25ppm
ates 12ppm

Only changes I made since the old water test was bumping the term up to 80F. Topping off for evap. and buying a new Ammonia test kit. I think the old amm test was bad.....ref scale was in green and the test water was always blue-green.

So what do you guys think? Cycle going well? No shrimp left. And No algae except for what is on the new LR.

One other question. Why is my pH dropping? Before, it was always steady at 8.0 any time I tested it day or night.

Oh yeah...I discovered 8 more feather dusters, 5 clams, many worms, and another snail. :mrgreen:

PS. Starting a new thread....."What should my first fish be?"

Back
Top Bottom