My 55 gallon 1st startup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes it has been going for a week now, was wondering with the 2 power heads going its kicking up the sand and moving it around. Does that mean I have to much water movement going on?

Yes it has been going for a week now, was wondering with the 2 power heads going its kicking up the sand and moving it around. Does that mean I have to much water movement going on?

Shouldn't b too much flow. I would just adjust them some. What ammonia source are you using to cycle?

I'm using live sand,live rock and have used a bottle of stability to help with the start up

+1 on getting more rock - patience is key during the cycle process. Best of luck! What do you plan on getting as far as livestock goes?

rocks will be coming a bit at a time funds low now, as livestock goes not really sure yet except my kids wants clown fish

I'm using live sand,live rock and have used a bottle of stability to help with the start up

That might not be enough to have a strong cycle that will support fish afterwards. You'll want ammonia to get up to at least 4 ppm. Then you'll know any fish you add won't cause a mini cycle and cause more work for you and endanger the fish. Just put a piece of raw shrimp or fish in a pantyhose stocking, tie it off and toss it in the tank and let it rot.

Back
Top Bottom