Please help with Hair algae and what i hope is diatoms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mixer

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK so my tank is about 2.5 months old now and I cannot seem to get rid of the hair algae or what I hope is diatoms, I did have a massive cyano outbreak and treated with chemiclean just once and it seemed to take care of the cyano, however these huge brown spots are now taking over and the hair algae won't stop.

I have a long spine urchin, two crabs, 3 astria, about 5 large and 5 small nessarius snails, 2 cleaner shrimp, two yellow bellied damsels, and several coral. Most of the coral seem to be doing very well , and when I test my water it is 0,0,5. I had a .5 phosphate about two weeks ago so I got a phosphate reactor and phons ban, I will test phosphate tomorrow at LFS but I don't believe it will be an issue.

Do I need to do anything? Is my tank just still young and having issues, I don't want to add anything else until I can get this tank under control. Any and all helps greatly appreciated.

Here are the pics.

Attachments

• image-2137388209.jpg
    image-2137388209.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 124
  • image-1253831769.jpg
    image-1253831769.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 111
Do you use rodi water? How often do you do water changes? Whats your lighting schedule? How often do you feed?

Yes I use RODI water, I do water changes once a week about 10% , my lights are on 7 hours, and I feed mysis the size of my pinki nail every other day.

How long has your tank been running since it is brown and not purpleish tells me you have new tank issues which is completely normal that algae comes after cycling and if your parameters are what you say they are that algae will be gone in a week or so good luck

Back
Top Bottom