Stocking suggestion/information

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrayis

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 40 gallon breeder tank set up. I currently have two clowns and one banggai. I will be picking up one more Cardinal and a fifth fish. I haven't decided on the last fish yet but, I was wondering how do you tell how "full" your tank is? I want to keep a light load in the tank as I'm getting used to everything. The tank has been up and going for a couple months now. The plan is to give it more time then start with some corals.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you are going to give corals a shot, then you are pretty close to a lightly stocked tank. In my 55 reef, I currently have 6 fish. Two of them are pretty large and that has turned a tank that was lightly stocked into max.

Thanks for the feedback. Were you referring to my tank currently being lightly stocked or after I pick up the last two fish? The fifth fish if I do go through with it will be another small fish.

Maybe I'll skip the second Cardinal and just get a fourth and stop there. Thank you for the advice

Back
Top Bottom