Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
Want to setup a quoratin tank (hospital) and i was wondering if 40 gallons is enough and wheater or not what kind of filters can i use? Because i really dont want to setup another sump or should i?

shouldn't need another sump but would all depend on what you want to put in there and for how long

So dead sand and dead rock and a couple fish maybe? Mostly just to treat fish of any diseases probably keep a couple in there all the time and keep new fish in the for about a week and treat them before going into new tank?

So dead sand and dead rock and a couple fish maybe? Mostly just to treat fish of any diseases probably keep a couple in there all the time and keep new fish in the for about a week and treat them before going into new tank?
40 gals should be plenty big. You need to keep any new fish in there longer then 1 week more like 3 to 4 weeks and don't treat them unless they have something also leave the bottom bare sand will absorb any meds you put in there.

Thanks would i still be able to keep fish in there all the time? Or no? Because i want to have fish in there to so it dosent look empty but i dont want there to be anything bad to happen if i put a ill fish with a healthy fish?

Yeah you can but obv the point of a qt tank is not to risk your fish which is what you will be doing by adding new fishin there. Unless its just cheeky reason for another tank lol if all time you'll need a skimmer too probz

Ive desided to just use it as a hospital tank cause anyways i have a 110 so dont need another one and i already have a 40 set up so i just have to change it around a little to be a QT and dont have to waste any more money then i already have to

Back
Top Bottom