Thinking about breeding fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What type of tericota pots should I put in is there anything I should look out for when I put them in.

How big do the clown fish have to be before they can spawn and can anyone tell me how to grade Picasso clownfish.

We are here to help you but please do some of your own research. All the questions you are asking can be answered by either reading the articles or searching with google. We want to help you but you gotta help your self first.

I tried googling what my possible offspring could be from my Picasso clowns but couldn't find anything can someone help. Please

Surely they will be like the pair you got

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be on week 3 of cycling on Tuesday and as of today my nitrites are at 0 and my ammonia is at 0 could I be doned cycling be I put in as bottle of bio-spira yesterday.

Well I Gess it might be 2 weeks I started on the 16th.

A pair of clowns will happily breed in 10gal. They just need pristine water, lots of high protein and fatty foods, and a place to spawn. and YOU will need patience :)

For the food I am hatching brine shrimp into the tank and feeding them frozen misis shrimp and have a mix of pelet and flake of cobalt pro breeder. Does that sound good for them.

Be careful with the brine if your hatching them be sure to keep the shells separate from the fish also maybe look into more nutritious food if looking to keep healthy and breed

Brine shrimp ain't really a nutritious food so try only feed now and again, I'll rotate with mysis,brine shrimp & blood worm when feed frozen cubes and use flake/pellet foods aswell. Mine have started to eat the seed weed put in for my flame aswell so mine ain't fuss same cant be said for my cardinal tho

So I was thinking about moving my fish up to my breeding tank would it be less stress on the fish if it was after the lights went out.

A pair of clowns will happily breed in 10gal. They just need pristine water, lots of high protein and fatty foods, and a place to spawn. and YOU will need patience :)

So any clownfish will breed happily in a 10g. Well that helps for the future I wen out and bought 2 29g tanks for them.

So any clownfish will breed happily in a 10g. Well that helps for the future I wen out and bought 2 29g tanks for them.

Not every species. Maroons will need bigger. But the percs and occellaris will do fine. If you've already bought the tanks then those will do fine.

Back
Top Bottom