To much water flow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsmith

Aquarium Advice Addict
First of all as many may see this my first posting. However it's not for the lack of looking since i have used everyones advice in this forum to establish my first saltwater aquarium . And thank you to the regular posters who frequently post responces to others posts. Now on to my question. I have a 56 gallon column tank with currently 34 pounds of liverock (by far the most expensive part of this experience). I have two power heads one currently at 850 gallons per hour and the other which isn't on atm rated at 750. I just placed my first pair of clowns in a few days ago. I went to plug in the second power head and felt as if it was stirring the tank a little to much...is this okay? Is there a way i should position the heads properly.? Oh and if anyone wants to know my filter is rated at 300 gph doesn't seem to stir the water that much.

I have two 790 gph wave makers on my 46 gal and it just took sone fine tuning. In my tank I really don't think it to much. When I put in the 2nd power head it stirred up some stuff but I think it was due to hitting all the dead spots around the LR

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

i have two 550gph in my 26gallon. i had the same thign happen but then once all the deadspots were hit everythign mellowed out and my clowns seem more then happy. they will eventually find a place in the tank where they feel most comfortable, mine tend to stay around the down flows of my HOB filters

edit: i forgot to mention i also have 480 gph worth of HOB filter flow

Back
Top Bottom