Wanting to start a 55 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm moving into a new apt. in the near future, and I would like to get a 55 gallon tank to put in my room.

I have a 12g Nano, and so I was wondering if someone could list to me EVERYTHING i would need to buy before anything. The basics for the tank that is...

thanks matt

Also, any particular brands you all find to be the best, feel free to give that input as well!!

THANKS! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I was wondering if someone could list to me EVERYTHING i would need to buy
It really depends on the type of tank you want to have. FO, FOWLR or reef.

The Conscientious Marine Aquarist By Robert Fenner

A subscription to Tropical Fish Hobbyist

The Marine Aquarium Problem Solver by Nick Dakin

And a good lfs to ask a lot of questions

I'll most likely go reef. I actually just started talking to a guy who is sellin ghis 75 gallon aquarium for $175 with a stand for it. Should i go for the 75?

i would if i were you, that sounds like a good deal, it will be more expensive for lighting and stocking most likely, but it will open up a wider range of fish and stuff that you can have since its bigger. It really depends on how much your willing to spend, it may be cheaper for the tank, but it will eventually cost more with everything else, its a matter of personal finances and such, i could never afford to do a 75 right now, but id really like to have one, cant really tell you what to do or what to buy, its really just what you can afford...

I would get a 55 gal , luckily i bought my 55 Gal from a guy who was fed up with sw , he sold it to me with the wooden stand hood and lights for $80.00 , Shop around look in the flyer classifieds n stuff that is what i did

If the deal and merchandise looks good, go for the 75gal. remember...the more water volume you have the more water stability you have. Bigger is better.

Back
Top Bottom