What Supplies should I get for 50 Gallon Salt Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heerism

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 50 Gallon tank and want to do a fish and live rock salt water setup. Is there a kit I can purchase that comes with everything I need filter, protien skimmer, chemicals, etc, or should I buy each item individually?

Welcome to AA!

I believe that places like Petco have 'kits' that contain a tank and the necessary supplies to supposedly get the tank up and running. Since you already have the tank, you may be able to get some kind of discount from your LFS if you buy all your miscellaneous equipment/supplies all at once.

You may want to pick up a copy of "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Bob Fenner. IMO, it's an excellent source of information for anyone getting into saltwater aquariums. HTH.

Welcome to AA!! You can probally find some type of package deal at large pet stores like Petco, but honestly, I would stay away from those. You are better off to research and then decide what type of tank you want first. Then you can buy your accessories as needed. The problem with "package deals" is that you usually get things you do not need along with the things you do. Decide what pieces of equipment you want and order them all at once over the internet. You can save a lot of money this way and reduce shipping charges on big orders. Good luck...Lando

Yeah I bought one of those "every thing you need packs" from petsmart and it was filled with cheap junk. I would recoment that you check out what is in the pack then find a seperate items. :D

CBRGuy, you find a good lfs nearby? I haven't really, but world wide aquarium on Garrett Rd. in Upper Darby is pretty good. And ZOO's on Oregon ave. in Philly is very good. For livestock, I mean..

Back
Top Bottom