26g Bow Front Planted Stock List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mozzer

Aquarium Advice Regular
My cycle is almost complete (yeah!) and I'm super excited to finally get some fish. Here's what I'm thinking.

1 Albino Bristlenose Plecoptera
6 Rummy Nose Tetras
3 Fancy Guppies
4 Marbled Hatchetfish
1 Honey Gourami

How have I done so far? It's probably not perfect as the pleco may be on the large side and the gourami may be aggressive, especially towards the long finned guppies. I thought about keeping otocinclus and a pair of GBRs down the line, but the above fish seem pretty hardy if they can all get along.

What stocking order would you recommend after my cycle is complete?

My cycle is almost complete (yeah!) and I'm super excited to finally get some fish. Here's what I'm thinking.

1 Albino Bristlenose Plecoptera
6 Rummy Nose Tetras
3 Fancy Guppies
4 Marbled Hatchetfish
1 Honey Gourami

How have I done so far? It's probably not perfect as the pleco may be on the large side and the gourami may be aggressive, especially towards the long finned guppies. I thought about keeping otocinclus and a pair of GBRs down the line, but the above fish seem pretty hardy if they can all get along.

What stocking order would you recommend after my cycle is complete?

I would consider a different plec, grow too big and not fair to the fish, maybe some cory and small otos. The rummy nose and guppies are fine, but I would up the number of guppies and if you don't want fry, stick with all males and they are pretty. They like to be together - the play and chase each other playing. Hatchetfish are non aggressive but be careful, they are known for their jumping out of the tank. I am not good with gourami, but I would like to suggest a ram. There are few different types and just one is good. I have a male blue german ram and he really makes a pretty display! Good luck and remember it just IMO.

Thanks, Thomasina. I had originally (and still am) considered GBRs and Otos as well as Pygmy Cories, but the sensitivity of the Otos and GBRs with such a new tank is what's causing me to think otherwise.

That's a solid stock list although I'd up the hatchets to at least 6 (and make sure you have a tight lid). I agree that if it were me I'd also pass on the pleco and instead opt to up the rummynose count to 8-10. They are less timid the more there are. You could then also add otos much later down the line. For the honey gourami I'd definite recommend some floating plants.

That's a solid stock list although I'd up the hatchets to at least 6 (and make sure you have a tight lid). I agree that if it were me I'd also pass on the pleco and instead opt to up the rummynose count to 8-10. They are less timid the more there are. You could then also add otos much later down the line. For the honey gourami I'd definite recommend some floating plants.

I'd love to add more shoaling fish, but I think that would enter me into overstocking territory with my 26g bf.

Now, I'm back to 2 Otos and a pair of GBRs instead of the ABNP and Gourami. Now at least everybody will be of the same biotype, but I'll likely need to wait a while to add the Otos and GBRs.

Back
Top Bottom