5 Gallon Stocking Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishlover11

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. I just got a fairly new 5 gallon tank and I have some questions about stocking it. I was thinking a betta (male or female?), a few ghost shrimp, and a few mystery snails. Will the betta try to eat the shrimp or snails? Are fake plants ok for the betta or will they tear it's fins? Any other tips/thoughts/suggestions are fine to. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions! :fish1:

Hi everyone. I just got a fairly new 5 gallon tank and I have some questions about stocking it. I was thinking a betta (male or female?), a few ghost shrimp, and a few mystery snails. Will the betta try to eat the shrimp or snails? Are fake plants ok for the betta or will they tear it's fins? Any other tips/thoughts/suggestions are fine to. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions! :fish1:

Depending on the species of shrimp, they may become lunch :x

Hi and :welcome: to the forum!

Just like people, fish have various personalities. Some bettas are perfectly fine with having tankmates, others, like my betta, will attack anything that moves. They are really trial-and-error. I would just have a backup plan if things don't work out.

As stated before, smaller shrimp would become lunch. I recommend ghost shrimp, a larger shrimp that won't be so easily preyed upon.

Back
Top Bottom