90 Gallons Angelfish community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonathan aqtank

Aquarium Advice Regular
Greetings everyone !
At the moment im planning my new 90 gallon aqua tank.
I want to get sone angelfish ,but i.dont know how to treat them and so on :(.

Can you help me out?
My idea :
5-6 angelfish
up to 5 catfish (depending on sice )
about 10-30 tetra (depends on sice ,too )
10 thorneyes
and maybe some cichlidfishes

My question overall is ,can these fish live together and what do i need to pay attention about the angelfish.

I hope you guys can help me out :)

Greets Jonathan

Maybe i 'd discus fish instead .
not sure whats easier to treat and which feel better in 350liters (90gallon )

You should not start 2 threads on the same question, especially in the same section.

Its funny and sad. Youre only saying me what i shouldnt do but not answer my questions [emoji14][emoji21]

Hello!

I understand the language barrier can be a bit tricky. You can post pictures of the fish you want to give us an idea.

Smaller cichlids like Rams are fine with angelfish. Larger ones will nip the fins of the Angels.

Try giving a picture of the catfish you are looking at. Catfish can range sizes from 2 inches to 5 feet (RTC). Being more specific will help.

Most tetras will work fine with Angels. I've heard stories of Buenos Aires Tetras being nippy though so I would avoid them.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Thank you for the tip about the tetras and everything .
I dont know the exact word for "thorneye " but its like a little rope fish. It gets up to 4" and cleans up the ground.
Id like to get any little version of a catfish . Dont know a specidic yet.

Greetings Jonathan

If it's the small black thorneyes then you are probably referring to Kuhli Loaches. They get about 5 inches max and are adorable. They will be perfectly fine with Angels.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yes it is !
But ive still got a question about the angelfish.
Do i need to design my tank difderent to like a tank with shrimps? Do they need specific food or Plants?

Yes it is !
But ive still got a question about the angelfish.
Do i need to design my tank difderent to like a tank with shrimps? Do they need specific food or Plants?

Awesome. Your thorneyes species is "black Kuhli loach" they are very peaceful. They need groups on 5 or more. They also like plenty of hiding places.

Shrimp might be food once the Angels mature into adults.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

You mean using the computer version of this forum? Sorry I only use the mobile. I've got on the desktop version maybe twice.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Allright .No problem. Nevermind.
As i asked before ,can you give me information about treating angelfish like the food ?

Angels will eat flake food, cichlid pellets, bloodworms, and if you have live plants some material from them. I'm sure there is more that's just what my angel eats.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Ok thanks for info.
As i know now i will buy 4-6 anglefish in a shop or from a breeder and wait until they got like 6" and then set some tetra and catfish in the tank. am i write with that?

It doesn't matter when you add them as long as you do it slowly. This ensures you are not overworking the bacteria in your filter. I wouldn't add any more than 3 fish a week and that should be just fine to support the tank so it can keep up with the new fish.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Hnm..ok
at this point i had a different info from a other forum : let the angels grow and then set in other fishes.
but ill do it by your way :)
thanks about the info

Back
Top Bottom