aquaclear 110

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elwood

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK. I just purchased the aquaclear 110 and it is up and running. Now I am thinking I made a mistake. I only have a 30 gal tank. At first I was thinking bigger=better. Now? Any potential problems I need to know about? And should I switch to a smaller filter.

I run a 110 on my 30 gal tank. I have a couple of heavy waste producers in there, along with tetras and the like. turn it down to the lower setting at one end of the tank, then the center and other end do not have that heavy of a current. You will like how clear it keeps a 39 gal.

Elwood said:
Is it bad to have a current in the tank? I mostly have mollies and rainbows.

Depends. If it's a planted tank there can be too much current.

If it isn't, you should be fine.

theotheragentm said:
JDogg said:
you can NEVER have too much filtration IMO

Except when you have plants.
still can not have enought in my opinion, just have to position your out flow and think out your aquascaping so the plants to not blow over. need to suck out the detris that collects up :twisted:

I have a 110 on my 29 Gallon and the output is not too much. I did add a prefilter (foam on the intake tube) so my neons wouldnt dissapear!

My tank is a cube so it all gets the current but having it at one side does help. My plants are artificial so no worries there. Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom