Black Ghost Knife Tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe a rainbow shark, Denison barbs, or a gourami? What about danios could it catch them because there so fast you think?

Im always in for the least financially stressful option as well lol. As you'll see in the picture my tank is almost bare, but that's another discussion for another time.

I also have to drive 2 hours or more to the lfs. Let's just say my freezer is full of brine shrimp blocks as well as many other beasties lol; I don't get to go very often.

The bgk's mouth is decieving indeed. However, my ghost seems to understand not to try and eat fellow tankmates.

I have never actually seen any of these "monster" mollies you guys have mentioned. And on a side note, if I were to have any breeding in the tank, I think the bgk WOULD indeed feed on the fry if I didn't stop it from happening.

I think I'm planning on adding a senegal bichir when I get the chance!

Picture posted of my lovely boy! Terrible quality, as its already 830pm here, and dark as can be. I plan on taking a video tomorrow morning when I feed him. He doesn't like the light, but loves a camera flash. He's a fool =p

@ millerman- A gourami is a step in the right direction, as I am looking for a middle-top dweller for some interest while my dear boy sleeps all day. I'll look into them some more.

Attachments

• SAM_0006.jpg
    SAM_0006.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Awe, that's rough! I bought a juvenile before adopting this big boy, and I still didn't see any kind of agression. In fact, I found my rubberlip pleco eating him one morning. They were about the same size too, just 2-3"

Ok, back to the tankmate issue, I think I've really got my heart set on a bichir now, either senegal or an ornate if I can find one. Second on my wishlist is a gold datnoid? Has anyone kept one?

I also like the idea of kissing gourami, frontosa, yellow lab cichlids, peacock cichlids, blood parrots

Back
Top Bottom