Cloudiness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just added my Aquarium sand to tankad adding water (it was well rinsed etc) the water is looking a bit or a dirty grey in guessing it's clouding will my fish be ok in it?? They are in a bucket at the moment!?

Cloudy Tank Water

Hello maestro...

I see cloudy tank water sometimes after a large water change when the gravel has been disturbed. I have a small HOB power filter I just fill with a dense polyfiber material and run the filter for about 24 hours. The dense fiber traps the small particles and clears the tank water.

B

Thanks guys it's much better now just put the clear water sachet in which came with the sand and my fish will be back in their new home soon hopefully the bucket wasn't too horrid fr them!! :)

Every day it will get better until its crystal clear.

Be careful if you run a filter with an impeller (and most do!)... I ran my Emperor 280 during the sand dust fall-out in my tank and it killed my impeller. Sand + impeller = accelerated wear on the impeller shaft = noise and inefficiency.

Back
Top Bottom