Cories and conspecific groups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sobersteve323

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all.

Question about cories. I have 1 panda cory left out of the original shoal. For the last 6 months I've been trying to find some more pandas but the only LFS that carries them has poor stock (it's the same one I originally got them from 2 years ago).

Would there be any benefit of getting other different cories for my last panda? I know they prefer con specifics but I can't rationalize getting more sick/low quality stock from the same place.

Thanks guys for your input!

Also, if I do get more cories of a different species, should I go with something similar to pandas like bandit corys? My new favorite LFS carries those and they're all fat and healthy looking.

Yeah, typically most cories will shoal just fine with other cories. I have Bronze cories that shoal with Peppered cories.

Sounds good. I'm going to get some bandits since they're pretty similar I think. I finally saw peppered ones at the store. Wow picture don't do them justice. They're pretty cool looking.

Back
Top Bottom