female betta with other fish. feeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finian

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay I post a lot here but I know I can trust you guys to help out!
My sister (as stated in another post) got a tank for some female bettas. One of them was a little terror and was promptly removed. With nowhere to put her I added her to my big tank (which consists of three swordtails and five rainbowfish). She loves it in there and is having a great time. However, when it comes to feeding time it gets tricky. Obviously she doesn't like flakes, and if I put her food in there the rainbows eat it up. Ive been catching her in a clear cup and, leaving it in the water, feeding her in there. She doesn't mind it at all and eats right up. I just wasnt sure what you guys would suggest I do. Should I keep up with this method or is there something all of those fish would like?
Thanks again guys! Your all such a big help!

I have a beta in a 20 gallon community tank. She would hang out near the filter a lot. I would feed flakes to the rest of the aquarium and drop a few of her pellets in near the filter for her. She caught on after a few days and would go to the filter intake and wait for me to feed her pellets whenever I fed the rest of the tank.

Thats an idea! She likes the heater area of the tank

A few floating real or plastic plants secured to stay in one place will draw her in most of the time. Feed the others in the center, her under the plants.

Hey the plant idea worked quite well! I do feed her in the same corner where I placed the plant and no fish can bother her. It works wonderfully! My rainbows seem to enjoy the canopy of leaves too, so I'm glad they are all happy :) thanks guys! Happy new year!

Back
Top Bottom