Filter media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman42

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ill try to make this short. Lol
My fluval 305 canister broke, and i have the media in a bucket of tank water. The bucket is heated, and is sitting at 80 degrees. Will the filter media be okay in the bucket for a 3-5 days? I add a cup of tank water to it in the mornings, and evenings. Also, the bucket was not heates fr 4 hours, and the tenmp was at 70 degrees. Will this kill off any bacteria?

Media

Ill try to make this short. Lol
My fluval 305 canister broke, and i have the media in a bucket of tank water. The bucket is heated, and is sitting at 80 degrees. Will the filter media be okay in the bucket for a 3-5 days? I add a cup of tank water to it in the mornings, and evenings. Also, the bucket was not heates fr 4 hours, and the tenmp was at 70 degrees. Will this kill off any bacteria?

Hello g...

Just duplicate the environment in the bucket. Whatever was in place in the tank, you need to provide in the bucket. A little aeration would be good. Water movement will move nutrients through the media and feed those little microscopic bugs. Some plant or fish food in the water would be good too.

B

Will do, thanks for the quick reply.

Back
Top Bottom