first master kit test results...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Keep them on hand until the previous filter is literally falling apart. It's always good to have them on hand trust me I've ran around town on a Sunday trying to find filters and had to drive dirt minutes across town

Keep them on hand until the previous filter is literally falling apart. It's always good to have them on hand trust me I've ran around town on a Sunday trying to find filters and had to drive dirt minutes across town

And use the carbon too? Or cut it out? I hate that I probably sound retarded

Honestly that isn't a very good filter. You should see if you can get an aquaclear hang on back filter to run as well with that one. The aquaclear can be ran with just the sponge in the bottom and the rest full of a good bio media such as bio max. Makes much better bio filtration.

Honestly that isn't a very good filter. You should see if you can get an aquaclear hang on back filter to run as well with that one. The aquaclear can be ran with just the sponge in the bottom and the rest full of a good bio media such as bio max. Makes much better bio filtration.

I can do that I just have to wait for when I can buy a new hood/lights or cut this one.

Yup that's the one. Just use the foam in the bottom and get 2 or 3 ( whatever it will hold) of the bio max things for it. The biomax comes with a mesh bag that you put the bio max rings in. Run it along side the other one and only rinse the foam and biomax once in awhile in discarded tank water. This filter setup will give you great filtration.

Or if she wanted to run just one hob filter she could go to the fluval c4 which is what I use on my 55. Soon ill be running dual c4's once I add more cichlids. It runs nice and quiet and has seperate carbon and filter

Or if she wanted to run just one hob filter she could go to the fluval c4 which is what I use on my 55. Soon ill be running dual c4's once I add more cichlids. It runs nice and quiet and has seperate carbon and filter

I'm just doing a few tropical fish a dg and some smaller fish. I have spent a lot of money in the past 2 weeks trying to set this up.

Secont test about 12 hrs after the water change

ForumRunner_20130729_040336.jpg
And I think the ammonia looks worse! Did i do something wrong!? My school of fish ...which I named prototype...is not looking happy with this :-(

Back
Top Bottom