Fishless Cycling Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Give your tank another day before adding back enough amm to bring it up to 4ppm. Your tank is moving along quite nicely! :)

jlk said:
Give your tank another day before adding back enough amm to bring it up to 4ppm. Your tank is moving along quite nicely! :)

Ok. I'll post the test results tomorrow and wait for your advise tomorrow then.
Thanks JLK

Fish-less cycle Day 5 test results

PH : 8.0
AMMONIA : .50 ppm
NITRITE : 2-5 ppm
NITRATE : 20 ppm

Do I add Monica now ? JLK ?

Not sure if Monica wants to go for a swim.... yep, go ahead & add enough ammonia to bring it up to 4ppm- it wont be a full dose because you already have .50 in there. Looks good! :)

I wish I could give you an exact answer, but I cant. Everyones tanks are a bit different and alot of times, theres bumps along the way that you can not predict. Your first set of bacteria are progressing along nicely but the second set are always a bit more finicky & typically take twice as long to establish themselves fully as the first set. And this is where most people start getting frustrated. Cant rush Mothernature- she will setup up shop when shes good & ready to do so! :)

jlk said:
I wish I could give you an exact answer, but I cant. Everyones tanks are a bit different and alot of times, theres bumps along the way that you can not predict. Your first set of bacteria are progressing along nicely but the second set are always a bit more finicky & typically take twice as long to establish themselves fully as the first set. And this is where most people start getting frustrated. Cant rush Mothernature- she will setup up shop when shes good & ready to do so! :)

Ok. Thank you for the response. That helps

When my rank is cycled is it still a good idea to stock the tank slowly. Or can it all be done at once ?

Cycled to 4ppm, you can generally fully stock just as long as your tank is suitably stocked & you dont go overboard. :)

After dosing 7.5 ml of ammonia
Readings are as follow
PH : 8.0
AMMONIA: 4 ppm
NITRITE: 5 ppm
NITRATE : 20 PPM

Looks good! You can wait another 24 hours before dosing if you want, let's see if we can get that ammonia to drop to 0 :)

Yep, looks good! Your amm>nitrite bacteria are moving along at a faster pace. Def skip the amm for another day & lets see if it can drop more. :)

Back
Top Bottom