Getting a New 36g Bowfront Tank:D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ammo 0
nitrites 0
ph 7.6
nitrates 90 the color looks like a cherry red.

im going to put 4 ppm of ammonia in tonight and we shall see what tomorrow brings

Jennie L said:
Almost there! Wish you much joy w/your new tank. KUP if in smothered thread I would be honored to follow your progress with stock & your success....Thanks for letting me tag along!

no problem! :) I think were almost there & then I can stock it!!

Jennie L said:
Good luck...are you cycleling w/amodown or the macaroni from the already established aqueon filters from other tank? A beginner ? I know, but someone @ LFS told me all tanks should be cycled this way. Is there any truth to this? If you know the answer I sure would like to know.Lots of luck bring those nitrite & nitrate #'s down!!!

The problem with using extra chemicals like Ammo Down is that the Ammonia is still in your tank, just in a less harmful form and if I remember right you will get skewed test results.

I try to only use Prime and live Plants ;)

Just remember you can price shop for a BIG bottle of Prime and then refill your dropper top bottle if you have little tanks :D

Thank you so much Tina! I am using Prime & my tank is full of plants too. That is all I am using also, I DO appreciate you for letting me know, all this dosing was confusing me. I have been cycling now for 3wks. & my #'s are
PH, 72
Ammo, 0ppm
Nitrite, 0ppm
Nitrate, 0 ppm
I DO HAVE my own thread on getting started also. 40 gal freshwater planted aquarium...Again, I thank you for your advise! I love your tanks! They are beautiful! Are you using co2 unit? Just so lush &green! Love all three! Esp. 10gal!!! Thank you again Tina!

I think I might be cycled.
ammo 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 100 dark cherry red color.
ph 7.6
last night I dosed my ammonia to 4ppm . what do you all think?
I think I should wait another night and see.

Dose it to 4 for a few more days just to make sure your amm & nitrites are steadily zeroing. If temp is turned up, start dropping it 2-3 degrees each day until its at the temp you plan on keeping your fish. If all is well in couple of days, your good to go (after wcs of course!)!! :)

jlk said:
Dose it to 4 for a few more days just to make sure your amm & nitrites are steadily zeroing. If temp is turned up, start dropping it 2-3 degrees each day until its at the temp you plan on keeping your fish. If all is well in couple of days, your good to go (after wcs of course!)!! :)

lol I actually started to drop my temp before I posted! :3. okay that sounds good. I was thinking on sunday if its all good ill do a water change then monday ill get fish.
anyone have ideas on schooling fish!? jlk I know you keep goldfish...lol
no tiger barbs..

ammonia 0
nitrites 0
ph 7.6
nitrates 100.
one more dosing tonight and a bwc. tomorrow night:)

yeah! it went real smooth lol no ph crashing. at all. actually I may do a water chang today and get fish?

well idk now im still getting traces of ammonia .25 and nitrites 2.0 ppm will a big water change help those go down?

No fish until your steadily getting zeroes. Are you testing before the 24hr mark? Newly cycled tanks are tempermental, so you need to be sure that your biological filter is up to par before adding anybody to be safe! Sorry!

Ok, well lets see how your numbers look at the 24hr mark! If you have all zeroes (and, yes, i mean zero!), then skip the amm & prep tonight or tomorrow for fish. If you dont have all zeroes, then you will need to wait bit longer & keep dosing until your tank is steady & stable. :)

I mean they were last night ya know. but that was 24hrs when I checked so maybe they havent been consumed yet.

Back
Top Bottom