Getting a New 36g Bowfront Tank:D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awilson133

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am excited because I am getting a 36 gallon bowfront with stand from petsmart!:) my birthday is on friday and I ask my parents if I could get a used 75g to put in the basement. but unfortantly the said no..so we settled on the bowfront in our dinning room:) this will be my 3rd tank lol. I got my filter and heater today as well as the substraight. which I got 2 20lb bags of eco complete and 50lb red.flint gravel. my filter and heater choice are aqueon. I chose a aqueon 55/75 filter reasons being are that I love how well the filter works. its deadly quiet (have the same filter on my 55). and I alread have two established filter medias from my other aqueon filters. I got the 200 watt heater from aqueon. they make a great heater.:3. my cycling method will be fishless. it will be my 2nd time doing so. I am excited and i will be posting updates! so stay tunned SAME FISH FORUM SAME FISH PLACE!!:D

putting in the bubbler after I just laid gravel down xp im so stupid...

ForumRunner_20120418_202919.jpg

lucky,id love another tank XD what do you plan on putting in it? and btw,your at 333 posts

haha nice observation;) um honestly I dont know. I know I want a few angels.

I need a different light..tho a t8 came with it I want a t5 so I can grow plants.. heres a pic of it all set up.. my mom wants a sunken ship..

ForumRunner_20120418_211708.jpg

I just tested my water and my...
ammo 0.25
nitrites 0
ph 7.8
nitrates 5.0
im going to dose some ammo to 4.0 and check it in the morning. im hopin jlk should chime in later.

so I dosed my ammo to 1.0 and I added a bit more I will wait 24hrs to see what happens:)

Thats the same tank i bought 3 weeks ago on petsmart too! Just that they sold it to me without the stand because it was broken! But that stand is nice too!! I like your new tank!!

cool.:) yeah I love the tank. the light I hate..but ill live for a bit. the stand is pretty sturdy I was a lil skeptical about it but its pretty well built. so what stand did you end up getting?

I cant wait to get some.driftwood and plants.. friday is payday and birthday money should be comin.

ForumRunner_20120418_234954.jpg

I had one that was for a 36gal rimless tank and i reused it!! Its gonna look even more eye catching with the driftwood and plants!! Cause what i really like about the tank its the height!!

angelvelez87 said:
I had one that was for a 36gal rimless tank and i reused it!! Its gonna look even more eye catching with the driftwood and plants!! Cause what i really like about the tank its the height!!

sweet!! yeah im thinking some ?slate? driftwood and then order plants from aquatic jungles. what kinda rock would look good?

I really dont know much about it but the rocks i like are the ones more dark in color which im sure there must be many types! The thing is that here in puerto rico there are not much people with that kind of stuff (talking about variety) and the same thing happens with the driftwood :(

oh that sucks..:/ I might go to pet land today to find some rock...driftwood varity is lil slim in the states.

this morning I turned on the light. no cloudyness. just gotta wait to test everything tonight

today at lunch I got some rock and driftwood and pressure washed them at work. will that release some of the tannis?

Cold water will work, but i believe hot or boiling water works better. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though!

Yes, that will release some of the tannins. Some dw holds onto its tannins pretty thoroughly, so I suggest you still soak it or try running it through the dishwasher a time or 2 (without soap).

ive done boiling and soaking it in hot water I didnt know if spraying it took faster

absolutangel04 said:
Yes, that will release some of the tannins. Some dw holds onto its tannins pretty thoroughly, so I suggest you still soak it or try running it through the dishwasher a time or 2 (without soap).

ill try that:D

Back
Top Bottom