Help ! Bubbles around filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossco

Aquarium Advice Activist
When I wake up in the morning there tends to be alot of little bubble around the outside surface and by my filter. Should I be worried about it ?

Here is a pixture of the bubble unno if I should be worried or not
image-2415454475.jpg

They're typically nothing to worry about. Does your filter create tiny bubbles from the outflow? What kind of fish do you have? Some fish create bubble nests? Is this something that just started recently?

I see from your other threads that you have a betta in the tank. He is the cause of these bubbles! He's building a bubble nest, which is a good sign. Unhappy Bettas (and fish in general) generally don't show breeding behaviors when they are unhappy.

Are u sure its from my betta it is alot of bubbles and yea at by the outflow of my filter !

Ok good thank you ! Hey do u have any siggestions on my tank and tank mates for my betta?

Just my betta and a dwarf pleco had 2 ghost shrimp but I think I lost them

I'm not so sure about that pleco. There are several smaller varieties but none that I am aware of should be in a 10 gallon. Do you have any idea what kind of pleco he might be? They have really high bioloads (they poop a LOT) so they foul water too quickly for a small tank. So you may want to look at rehoming him. With a Pleco in there you really don't have any room to add, but without you could try a school of some kind of nano fish or you could do a school of Pygmy cories. Although whether or not your betta will play nice is pretty much up to your betta, some don't tolerate tankmates and some do fine. The only thing I've kept with them have been neon tetras and bristlenose plecos in a 56 and guppies in a 20.

My Lfs said it was a dwarf and it would be fine with him ! But I guess ill have to wait and see ! Y betta seems to be fine with him to leaves him alone .

But thank u ! I didn't think gupies and beta got along

And in time I plan on getting a bigger tank. After i learn the basics and can save up money. !!

But thank u ! I didn't think gupies and beta got along

It depends on the betta's personality. I had a pretty chill betta that got along with my guppies, but I wouldn't dare try it with one of the males I have now. He would probably bully them to death.

Ye I def want some more fish in my tank ! More moment and colour what do u think of it now tho ? In prob gonna get rid of that decoration in the front

Not to sure how I feel bout it here is a pic ! Be honest

image-279705346.jpg

Not to sure how I feel bout it here is a pic ! Be honest

I like it. I think I have some of those same plastic plants in my tank right now, actually. Cool background too.
I would probably take the little ornament out, though. It doesn't really seem to "fit" with the rest of it all.

Ye that's what I was thinkin ! Wanted to try it and see how it looked !

Back
Top Bottom