How many zebras danios and corydoras in 20 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candacehk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’m starting my first aquarium, a 20 gallon, and I’m considering stocking options.

I want to get zebra danios for sure, and possibly corydoras and/or a honey gourami. Based on my online “research” reading some conflicting information, I think I could do 6 zebras, 3 corydoras, and a honey gourami, or possibly 6-7 zebras and 3-4 corydoras.

I wanted some feedback on these ideas, as I’m not sure if those options would be overstocking or understocking. I would appreciate getting some opinions! Thanks :)

Very critical to know how to cycle a aquarium and do thorough research about the fish. Ignore what I stated if you already know that. I recommend the Emerald Cory because of them being hardy personally kept them for years. Is it a standard 20 gallon or a 20 long? I ask because the length of the 20 long would be better for the Zebra Danio imo.

Yeah, I am in the process of cycling and have been trying to research as much as possible. I love the look of the emerald Cory! I have a standard 20 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom