I am thinking about trying to divide a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never heard of those tanks, so I am no help. Does it say anything about the type of lights or anything? Cause if it does, then it probably comes with one.
I was confused about the nitrogen cycle forever, and had to have my science teacher friend come down and explain it to me in laymans terms haha! ;)

Does anyone know if the Clearseal 18x10x10 fish tanks come with a light? on the internet it just says with a hood and I noticed with the bigger tanks if you want a light you have to buy a separate hood

Just got my Clearseal 18x10x10 at the weekend and I can confirm it doesnt' have any lighting. There is a basic hood for the top which is just plastic and doesn't have any space to put any lighting.

I'm getting around this issue by buying a set of underwater LED lights from Pets at Home, they don't give out a lot of light, but it'll be sufficient for the situation (you can see one at the bottom right of my picture)

I did ask an online retailer how much it would be for a hood and lighting unit and they said £50, which I thought was a bit steep seeing as the tank itself was just £20!

However I'm impressed with the tank in that it's just glass all around, no plastic bits (apart from the trim on the top which just comes off)

4827426488_fe49cc2d46.jpg

Just got my Clearseal 18x10x10 at the weekend and I can confirm it doesnt' have any lighting. There is a basic hood for the top which is just plastic and doesn't have any space to put any lighting.

I'm getting around this issue by buying a set of underwater LED lights from Pets at Home, they don't give out a lot of light, but it'll be sufficient for the situation (you can see one at the bottom right of my picture)

I did ask an online retailer how much it would be for a hood and lighting unit and they said £50, which I thought was a bit steep seeing as the tank itself was just £20!

However I'm impressed with the tank in that it's just glass all around, no plastic bits (apart from the trim on the top which just comes off)

4827426488_fe49cc2d46.jpg

Just got mine today and I am very impressed with it, it looks so much bigger than I thought it would be, the only problem that I have with it are the two pieces of glass, as this tank is going to be divided I don't know how to go about it. Obviously the divider has to be tall enough so the betta's don't jump over but the glass is going to make it awkward. I can see its stuck on with aquarium sealant but I don't want to break it or make it look bad lol Any ideas?

They make dividers to go in tanks. I don't know if I am blind, or the glass you are talking about is on the top of the tank.

Lol, no your not blind :) I like the water level to be high so putting the divider in the tank would be awkward, I can't explain it lmao

True but as the glass sticks out I can't get the report binders flush to the glass, anyway, I have decided not to divide instead just put my new betta in there :)
Other than a snail or shrimp are there any other fish I can put in there, I really need to learn about stocking lol

That all depends on the betta and whether or not he will get along with anything. Some go good with shrimp and dwarf corys.

I have had male betta;s before with neon tetras and they have got along fine, so depending on the temperament would that size tank be suitable for 6 neon tetras and a male betta?

All bettas are different, and I think it depends on how they were raised. If they were all raised with eachother, and not in individual bowls, then they would be okay with other fish. But alas, there is no way to know.
I am not the best with stocking, so I am thinking you could make a new thread and have people throw out some ideas for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom