it's done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I just spent two hours breaking down and cleaning my planted 55 gallon tank. Yesterday the fish went to a friend and there were no losses (so far) in the transition. *sniffle* It was such a pretty tank, but I didn't trust the silicone and since All-Glass' engineers said it was showing signs of failure I thought I'd better take it down before I left for nearly a month. I think I would be constantly wondering if my tank was still good or if my neighbors underneath were getting flooded.

Soooo, in a little less than a month I'll be using my warrenty (whenever my LFS owner starts remembering things!!!grr...) and I will start again. The good thing is my friend said I could reclaim the fish anytime if I ever wanted to but I think I am going to set up a paludarium/vivarium when I get back. That way it will be less of a hassle to move when summer comes around next year and I graduate from college.

Anyway, I'm exhausted. I just wanted to share my pouting with people who would understand. I'm not really sad, it just sucks. Thanks for reading.

Sounds like a tough transition. :( I liked the pictures of your tank and your fish. You have accomplished a lot since January.
Now a paludarium/vivarium that sounds interesting.

well... I kinda want my next tank to be a 55 gallon (or larger) reef tank.... but I loooove my freshies so much so of course I'd have to have other biotope tanks for them. *sigh* MTS with no room/rented 3rd floor apartment is rough. :roll:

Besides, the paludarium would be a good challenge and if I designed it correctly there would be enough space for some cories...a small school of tetras...a small pleco...hehe :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom