My New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my advice get whatever fish makes you happy, cause in the end you still wont be satisfied youll just want more and more TRUST ME.

Bettababe1011 said:
The best, when it's good quality.

Should I get three or four zebra danios to start, and work from there? Those are what I'm getting first. Is that number okay, or should it be just two?

This is still a whole fishless cycle away, so I'm just trying to be prepared.

Damon Salvatore is awesome. Enough said.

I think they are small enough where you can add like 5

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

I'm picking up the tank tomorrow!! Then it'll feel like I'm actually within reach of that perfect aquarium in my mind!! But of course, more maintenance than the one in my mind!!

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Isn't it exciting???? I couldn't sleep the night before I picked up my live rock LOL. I love getting new tanks!

Grr! We didn't get it today. Moni couldn't get to the aquarium in her sons' room because it was so messy. So we get it on Thursday. Here's what'll be in it as final count.

6 zebra danios
6 guppies
4 panda cories
1 common pleco

I know, I know!! A pleco does NOT belong in this tank, but my mom is MAKING me get the pleco. If you want a full explanation, look up the thread, "Cons of a Pleco". And you should find it. I don't want the pleco, but have no choice in the matter.

We went to petsmart today and bought:
15 lbs of hot pink aquarium gravel
1 realistic plant, soft leaves
3 cool, colorful plants
1 cave type hidy hole for the pleco

Do I need more aquarium gravel, or is 15 lbs enough for a 25 gallon?

We also have to get food and stuff, but that can wait for a little bit.

Thank you!!

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Ask her If you can at least get a bristle nose pleco! It's still a real pleco and does a better job at cleaning then the common!

Look at the main pleco issue post, homedog.

I did. I've commented like... 3 times on that one too! Try harder!!! Procrastinate!!! Do something or tell her fine, but she has to pay for the upgrade. :)

I've told her that, but the plecos the first fish she says we are getting, and I'm dying to get this up and running!! Ugh!! Yeah, I saw the posts, and replied.

Yeah, this is as I've said my FIRST community tank, so I'm super excited.

I'm excited for you too! I'm upgrading this summer, (29 gallon!) and I'm stocking mine as follows:
6 black skirt tetras
4 orange laser cories
1 keyhole cichlid
1 Bolivian or German blue ram
2 guppies
1 bristlenose pleco
I'm uber excited about mine too! Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks, I will!! Good luck with your upgrade!! If my mom gets the common pleco there will be plenty of upgrades for me!! And eventually I WILL own a green spotted puffer. On it's own of course. They're cuter when they're smaller, but they still look cool as adults.

Awesome! After I'm done with my upgrade I want a 55 gallon, but I need to convince my mom first. :)

My mom thinks a big tank is harder... In a way it is, but it's more forgiving.

True that. True that. And we just don't have the space for a 55 gallon. But all I really want is a 29. It's the perfect size for what I want in it, minus the rainbow shark. But I guess I can't have everything

Lol, yup, that's part of life. I would rather start smaller and build my way up. A smaller tank looks less intimidating!!

Bettababe1011 said:
OMG!! Sorry, I'm just excited. We were picking poodles up from the groomer, and she told us that she had a twenty five gallon she wanted to get rid of!! She just wanted the thing gone, and she and my mom are good friends, so I'm getting a twenty five gallon for free!! I don't remember if it had a filter or not, but this will take most of the cost out of this project!! I'm so excited to get this tanks!! Maybe I can even add another Cory or two to finish off the school/shoal. OMG!!! Yay!!!

Damon Salvatore is awesome. Enough said.

Omg!! Yay, good for you!! I wanna see pictures when you get things going!

Back
Top Bottom