My New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettababe1011

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, my saving up for a new tank actually. All I have to save is my money from my business, Dakota's Eggs.

Okay, so I will be getting any where from a twenty gallon to a thirty gallon if I find a good affordable deal for one.

In this tank I will have:

6 zebra danios
6 male fancy-tail guppies
4 panda cories

I will have fake plants, no planted tanks for me yet. I kill enough dry living plants as it is. I have good intentions but a black thumb. Maybe that's why the only plant I can actually grow are black pansies.

I will have one filter, an aqua tech, model depends on the size of tank I end up with.

I will be doing a fishless cycle. I wouldn't even be able to do an infish cycle, regardless of if it were cruel. But because it's cruel, my fish will never experience one.

If you have any questions, just ask. My website for the eggs is dakotaseggs.weebly.com. You can take a look at it if you want, but just know that I'm not asking anyone to buy anything! Besides, we can only sell to people in Iowa.

Damon Salvatore is awesome. Enough said.

You sound like you've got it covered! My only suggestion would be 2 more cories since they do better in schools. Great job and good luck!

Well, I thought that four would be fine. It was the minimum on every website I looked at. I have been told that this is basically all I can have without overstocking in a twenty. If I can get a bigger tank, more cories would be great though.

I think you aught to be fine with two more. But ask around here just in case. That's what I was told also, but most of the people here suggest larger schools.

Okay, I should probably start a new thread to get more peoples attention.

Yeah, I've decided four is all I can handle. For my tank and my budget. Well, when my budget exists! Keep tuned for more updates, this will be kind of a journey type thread.

id pass on the aqua tech filter too. get something better i had mine a few weeks and its gotten loud, i cleaned things i suppose to but its aint worth it

An aquaclear is the way to go for sure. I've been using them for years on my freshwater tanks. I happen to have 2 of the aquatechs and they both are horrible. Relegated to the garage in case anyone I know needs one in a pinch.

Good Luck!

And yet another vote for aqua clear I have had one of mine for over 4 years still quite as can be and working as efficient as can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

id pass on the aqua tech filter too. get something better i had mine a few weeks and its gotten loud, i cleaned things i suppose to but its aint worth it

I'd second that opinion. I cannot recommend AquaClear's filters enough. They have flow control, tons of media room and are fairly quiet (my AC30 is louder than my AC50, fwiw).

OMG!! Sorry, I'm just excited. We were picking poodles up from the groomer, and she told us that she had a twenty five gallon she wanted to get rid of!! She just wanted the thing gone, and she and my mom are good friends, so I'm getting a twenty five gallon for free!! I don't remember if it had a filter or not, but this will take most of the cost out of this project!! I'm so excited to get this tanks!! Maybe I can even add another Cory or two to finish off the school/shoal. OMG!!! Yay!!!

The best, when it's good quality.

Should I get three or four zebra danios to start, and work from there? Those are what I'm getting first. Is that number okay, or should it be just two?

This is still a whole fishless cycle away, so I'm just trying to be prepared.

Lol, I was right. I am an AA freak!! I knew it!! I have like three hundred and fifty posts and I've been here for like a month!!

I don't even go on Facebook as much, and I'm a teen!!

Back
Top Bottom