Possible 20 gallon long stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laser

Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't see any problems with this stocking, but I thought I'd put it on here to make sure. I like to keep things simple and understocked.

1x Male Pearl Gourami
10x Harlequin Rasboras

I wouldn't be opposed to a M/F/F Trio of pearl gouramis, but I'd probably leave out the rasboras if I did that. Is a 20 long big enough for pearl gouramis? I've always kept them in larger tanks.

I was thinking about getting a 29 or 37g tank for the stand, but I already have a 20 long on hand.

A 20 gal is on the small side but ok for a trio of Pearl Gouramis. I'd much rather see a trio than a single gourami. Most all fish are happier in groups of their own species.

A 20 gal is on the small side but ok for a trio of Pearl Gouramis. I'd much rather see a trio than a single gourami. Most all fish are happier in groups of their own species.

I thought a single male might be ok since we always see male dwarf gouramis on their own. I don't even know if you can buy a female dwarf and the males are very territorial. I'd rather do the trio anyway.

I think a single male would be fine, and I do think a 20-l would be small for a trio, particularly if a pair forms and the "out" female starts getting bullied. The rasboras are a good choice for a companion fish.

Back
Top Bottom