Need advice on stocking first tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRoses

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi yall, so I am a newbie to having my own tank, but I have been following along / involved with fish tanks before. I am setting up a tank for the bedroom for me and my little one who loves my fathers fish tanks. The focus for me is tranquil, but pretty. I have a few options and need to decided soon so I can get the tank cycled and change filters if need be. I either have 20 gallon long or a 25 gallon tall that I can use. I will be planting this tank medium to heavy as I love planted tanks.

Okay into the actual point of this post: fish / stocking

Celestial Pearl Danios
Pearl Gourami
Peacock Gudgeo
Neon Tetras
Shrimp
A snail

I would love to hear feedback of community dynamics, amounts, swap outs, or anything you have! Thank you in advance!

Update: I did decide to go with the 25 gallon! I decided that the tallness would work better for placement and equipment room.

Update

Officially got the tank up and running! One sponge filter and a hang over filter plus two low flow air stones. I got a few of the plants settled in as well as set up a bit of the decor. Im waiting on the rest to arrive! I did use seasoned sponges and filter material from my fathers tanks so when I checked the water after 24 hrs it was all perfect! Now to make sure everything holds steady and no electronic failures ?

Good luck!! New tanks are fun. I’m about 4-5 months new to owning a tank. Finally worked out all the kinks. I have 1 Beta / 2 Angelfish / 7 Golden Tetras / an Adonis Pleco and a Silver Spotted Catfish w/ 5 snails.

Just keep checking the water parameters and make sure the ammonia and nitrite levels don’t spike once you put fish in!

Have fun!!

Having a theme is great. Check out the many tranquil tanks people have done - google images of aquascape, peaceful aquarium, zen aquarium ideas, tranquil planted aquarium, etc. There are some gorgeous inspiring tanks out there. What fun! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom