recommendations on filter systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simplicitysarah

Aquarium Advice Freak
What do u recommend for a 55 gallon? Brands & model u recommend? Brands or models to avoid!?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

simplicitysarah said:
What do u recommend for a 55 gallon? Brands & model u recommend? Brands or models to avoid!?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

I would go with a fluval 405/406 canister it's hard to beat a canister if the budget allows if not an Aqua clear 110 would be another great choice stay away from eBay knock off canisters they are JUNK!! And stay clear of aqua tech they are severely over rated for tank size

All the above is IMO/IME

+1 on the fluvals. I could name a few bad things about mine, but a few good things as well. Overall, solid, quiet filters with lots and lotsa media :)

I love Rena's I have 2 rena filstar xp2 on my 55, they're great filters, easy to work, and run super quiet

An AC, is the way i would go. you can clean it weekly with the water change without even turning it off. If you are into storing debris rather than removing it, go with the cannister.

BillD said:
An AC, is the way i would go. you can clean it weekly with the water change without even turning it off. If you are into storing debris rather than removing it, go with the cannister.

That's a load of crap run a simple hose cleaner through it once a month and every 2 weeks your regular matience then you don't have to look at a hob plus you can store media to quickly cycle a new tank

I agree that AC are the Cadillac of hob but in comparison to a canister it's a chevette lol IMO/IME

Back
Top Bottom