Stock question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
I wanted your opinions on my 55g stock. Do you think it's overstocked?
6 (soon to be 12) black ruby barbs
6 ornate rainbow fish
4 bronze cories
3 peppered cories
1 Bolivian ram
1 Raphael catfish
1 albino BN pleco
4 platies
All of my barbs are small, about an inch long, my other 6 barns should be in tomorrow. I'm thinking of taking my platies out as soon as I get my eheim heater in so I can free up an extension cord and have a spare heater. I have to run 4 heaters on my 55g just to keep it at 78 :( one adjustable tetra rated for 30-60g which seems to he a piece of crap to be honest, 3 preset heaters- one rated for 30g and two rated for 10g. According aqadvisor I'm a bit over 100%. My water params are perfectly fine, 0 ammonia and nitrite and nitrates around 10-20 and a stable pH of 7.2.

As it is I don't think you are overstocked, but I think that if you add the 6 barbs it might be too much, but it really depends on the size of the ram, rainbowfish, dwarf bn pleco, and raphael catfish. Could you give approx sizes for some of the bigger fish?

Not overstocked, but definitely at capacity. For the heaters, try ones rated for larger tanks....1-2 of those (depending on wattage and circulation) should get you buy instead of having to run 4. Maybe something like this (150+ watts).

I actually have a 200w eheim jäger heater on the way, hopefully will be here tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom