Stocking a 7 Gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rtribe13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I am going to be stocking a 7 US gallon tank and I was wondering if it is possible for it to house the following:

1 Male Betta

1 African Dwarf Frog

5-6 Neon Tetras

1 Mystery/Nernite Snail

:thanks:

Hi! You should really take the neon tetras of your stocking list. Neons need at least a 10 gallon tank as they need more swimming space.And the betta would probably attack and possibly kill the neons too!Other than that I think you should be fine.

Hi! You should really take the neon tetras of your stocking list. Neons need at least a 10 gallon tank as they need more swimming space.And the betta would probably attack and possibly kill the neons too!Other than that I think you should be fine.

Really? :ermm: I have had betta's and neons together in a tank about this size before and they lived together without any agression

Still,neons need a bigger tank of at least ten gallons.And the betta living with the neons would be stressed and will attack the neons.However,it mostly depends on the personality of your betta. I personally would not recommend putting in the neon tetras.Also if the betta you got is calm, the neons tetras will be stressed cause a 7 gallon tank is too small for them.

Still,neons need a bigger tank of at least ten gallons.And the betta living with the neons would be stressed and will attack the neons.However,it mostly depends on the personality of your betta. I personally would not recommend putting in the neon tetras.Also if the betta you got is calm, the neons tetras will be stressed cause a 7 gallon tank is too small for them.

Alright thanks

Every betta has a different personality. Some will be fine with other fish and some will attack everything that moves.
If I were you, I would not keep the beta and frogs together. The frogs have very poor eyesight and have to be target fed, and hungry betas like to steal the food from them before they can find it!
If you really like ADFs, you might think about doing a small school of nano fish like chilli rasboras, ember tetras, or celestial pearl danios. They stay much smaller than neons and should be ok in a 7g. In my opinion, a school of 6 of one of those would be great with the frogs.
Also, the mystery snail might not be the best idea because they poop A TON and will dirty a small tank very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom