Stocking for a 20g long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieKeeper429

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently caved and bought a new 20g long tank from Petco during their $1/gallon sale. I have nooooo idea what I want to stock it with. Tell me what you would put in it if it were your fish tank. Thanks!

In mine I have 6x zebra danio

6x glowlight tetra
1x dwarf gourami
4x Cory cat
2x kuhli loach (will up to 4 when able)

I would add chili rasboras, celestiel pearl danios, and possibly some dwarf chain loaches.

For the corydoras, I would add smaller species like the pygmy and hastatus corydora.

I've also got a 20 long that's almost done cycling and I'm planning stocking. My plan so far...
A shoal of Neons or Rummynose for the middle/upper layer.
A shoal of Coreys and a BN or Clown Pleco for the bottom.
I'd like something for a "centerpiece", but I'm a bit undecided as to what. Maybe a Dwarf Gourami, but I'm not that fond of them.

Any suggestions for the 'centerpiece" that would work with the above in a 20L?

I'm planning a 20L. Well actually 2 but I've only though about 1 lol. It's a little different than most of the standard community stocking lists. Here it is-
A pair of breeding kribs
Trio of breeding fundulopanchax gardneri
Maybe a BN Pleco, not sure

The tank will be full of plants an have a hard scape including caves for the kribs and a large piece of driftwood. I've also been thinking about smaller pieces of driftwood covered in a nice variety of moss. That way the Killies can lay their eggs in the moss and I could remove the pieces of driftwood to put in a fry rearing tank. Just a thought for now though. I could always use spawning mops, but I don't really like the look of them, and I think the Killies would rather breed in some natural flame moss than some threaded polyester. Sorry I kind of ranted about all my ideas for this tank, but it's just what I plan on doing with my future 20L.

I'm planning a 20L. Well actually 2 but I've only though about 1 lol. It's a little different than most of the standard community stocking lists. Here it is-
A pair of breeding kribs
Trio of breeding fundulopanchax gardneri
Maybe a BN Pleco, not sure

The tank will be full of plants an have a hard scape including caves for the kribs and a large piece of driftwood. I've also been thinking about smaller pieces of driftwood covered in a nice variety of moss. That way the Killies can lay their eggs in the moss and I could remove the pieces of driftwood to put in a fry rearing tank. Just a thought for now though. I could always use spawning mops, but I don't really like the look of them, and I think the Killies would rather breed in some natural flame moss than some threaded polyester. Sorry I kind of ranted about all my ideas for this tank, but it's just what I plan on doing with my future 20L.

That sounds super pretty! And you can get moss for super cheap :D

I've also got a 20 long that's almost done cycling and I'm planning stocking. My plan so far...
A shoal of Neons or Rummynose for the middle/upper layer.
A shoal of Coreys and a BN or Clown Pleco for the bottom.
I'd like something for a "centerpiece", but I'm a bit undecided as to what. Maybe a Dwarf Gourami, but I'm not that fond of them.

Any suggestions for the 'centerpiece" that would work with the above in a 20L?

A ram or two would look nice. Or some apistogrammas or kribensis (they are all very similar) You could do a pair of them, but they will get a bit aggressive while breeding. I personally have a bolivian ram in my 20 gallon tall.

Back
Top Bottom